How are y‘all doing? I wasn’t gonna share this, but it was impressed upon my heart to and so I will jump right in..
Growing up in my university days, Valentine’s Day was just a day I liked to put on the color red and be happy – smiley. Even after graduation, my tradition continued. Last year though, I started noticing the air around valentine began to change; people began to be so bothered about getting gifts and giving gifts, they so wanted to be with someone (no matter who), as long as they weren’t alone. This year was worse, there was a strong wave of pressure, far worse than last year; our generation is taking off on a very wrong note and if we are not careful, we will crash land. I am just gonna say this to those who may need it;
- It’s better to be alone and happy than be in a relationship that leaves you scared, angry, bitter and anxious. In such relationships, you’ll practically feel ‘useless.’ (Sorry for the word use). In order to restore peace and sanity and order to your life, you’ve gotta leave. Some are scared of starting with a new person especially if they’ve been with the said partner for a while, but it doesn’t take long, it takes God. Take a step of faith and do the right thing. Pre-marital copulation is against Scriptures, if you want the blessings of God, you’ve got to follow the instructions of God. I have heard countless true life stories of people who met and married their wonderful spouses within months of leaving a relationship they had been in for years.
- Do not awaken love until it is time. I’ll say it again, let love happen when it is ready to. That your friends are all in a relationship does not mean you should get into one with the first person that tickles your fancy.
- Any love you have to prove or keep by giving in to intimacy is not God’s will for you. No matter how far you have gone, leave now! It might not be easy but with the help of the Holy Spirit, it is possible.
- Also, don’t try to force or manipulate things lest the whole thing backfires or blows up in your face.
- God commands time and seasons and makes all things beautiful in its time (thankfully).
- Most importantly, you’ve got to love yourself and enjoy your own company; ‘if you don’t know what to do with yourself, how would you know what to do with someone else?‘ (Madea) . Appreciate and celebrate yourself on the way to where you are going.
- Never sell yourself short, it’s called Self-respect, not pride! You are more valuable than you know. If you weren’t why then would Jesus lay His life down for you? Yes YOU!
P.S; I love that these days, couples take time to genuinely celebrate their partners with words, outings, gifts, prayers of blessing and the likes…and on random days o; they don’t have to wait for special days like birthdays, anniversaries, valentine’s day, etc.
Oh, how I love love. My friends know that when it comes to love, I am mush!
If at the end of the day all you have is God, then you have more than enough.
LOVE LIVES HERE
#God is Love#